Tools \ Storage Locations \ Adding, Editing, Creating, Moving, and Printing Labels for Storage Locations
Nav Menu » Tools \ Storage Locations
1. From the Nav Menu on the left-hand side of the screen, select the Tools icon (it looks like a wrench), then from the menu select Storage Locations.
You are now on the Storage Locations screen. From here, you can Add, Edit and Delete Storage Locations as well as Create and Print Labels for them.
Storage Locations show how many Items are located in each one.
If you click the number of Items such as the actual number 9 (shown below), SAFE will run that Item Search and bring up those Items!
2. Click on the Add Storage Locations box and type in the name(s) of a location(s) you would like to Add.
Click Save to add them. The storage location you just entered will now be located under the Name column.
3. You may also wish to create a storage location under a current storage location (nest). For example, you want to create the storage location Money under Drugs. To do this, click the "+" underneath the Options column in the Drugs row. When the Add Storage Locations screen comes up, type in Money, then click Save to add it. The sub-storage location Money has now been created under the storage location Drugs.
4. You can now edit, and assign a Storage Location to specific Group(s) which have specific permissions to view that storage location. To do this, click the box next to the Name of the storage location and select Edit Selected Storage Locations. The Edit Storage Location screen will now appear. From here you may select groups which have permission to view the storage location. Certain groups will have specific permissions which will allow them, or not allow them to view storage locations.
From within Storage Locations, you may allow a user to perform a transaction (such as edit, check in, check out, move, transfer, dispose, etc) if the user has access to the Storage Location where the item was stored (see Permissions).
For example, a User enters an Item into a temporary Storage Location they have access to. The User can now have Edit Item permissions and can only Edit that Item if the Item is located is in the Storage Location they have access to. If the Item is checked into a Storage Location they don't have access to, they will get an error when trying to Edit.
Another example would be if someone in the property room wants to give an Item to an officer to dispose of back to the owner. An Org admin can give access to a single Storage Location and Check the Item Out to that officer. The officer can now Dispose of that Item because they have Dispose permissions and the Item is in a Storage Location they have access to.
If permissions are assigned to a storage location which has sub-storage locations under it, the permissions of the root storage location will 'filter down' to the sub-storage locations.
If items are to be stored at this storage location, make sure the Can Store Here box is checked.
If the storage location is Active, make sure the Active box is checked. Then click Save.
5. If you would like to Move a Storage Location, or even Nest one, first select the Storage Location by clicking the checkbox in it's row.
Then click the Edit Selected Storage Locations box at the top of the screen.
The Edit Storage Location pop-up will appear.
From there, click the slider in the Move storage location to: row from Off to On
Next, enter the Storage Location you'd like the current one Moved to.
Click the blue box that appears with the destination Storage Location in it and click Save
You will then see a message stating that Moving a storage location will change the listed hierarchy, etc.
If this is what you want, click Proceed.
Your Storage Location will then be Moved.
In this case, we have moved Currency under Found Property.
6. To Delete a Storage Location, simply click the trash can symbol under the Options column for the Storage Location you would like to delete.
If that storage location has not been used in some sort of system activity, it will be deleted.
However, if there are items in that storage location (for example), it will not be deleted and you will receive the following message.
7. To Create and Print Labels for a Storage Location(s), click the checkbox(s) of the Storage Location(s) you're interested in creating Labels for.
Next, click the Reports box and finally click the Create Labels box to preview the Default Storage Location Label(s).
The Labels Preview screen will then appear and you can Print a copy of the label(s).
If the Default Storage Location Labels aren't to your liking, you may also create Custom Storage Location Labels in the Report Builder.