Settings \ Organization
Nav Menu » Settings \ Organizations
1. From the Nav Menu on the left-hand side of the screen, select the Settings icon (it looks like 3 gears), then from the menu select Organization. You are now on the first Tab of the Organizations screen (Org Settings). From here, you can change the Time Out Settings, Signature Devices, Case Numbering Format, Person Formatting, Task Settings, Scan By Location Barcode, Item Belongs To Shows All People, Next Org Item ID, and SAML Settings.
2. You may change the Time Out Settings by clicking the Edit box in that section and then selecting the Minutes a user is idle for before the system automatically logs them out. You can also change the number of minutes before a user is given a Logout Warning Display which will notify them how much time they have to remain idle before the system automatically logs them out.
3. If a Touch Screen/mouse or Topaz Signature Pad will be used, click the Edit box in the Signature Device section. Next, select which one(s) will be used by clicking the slider next to its name. To set it as the default option, click the radial default button and finally click the None slider from On to Off to deactivate/turn off that choice and click Save.
To Enable Signature Capture, go to Settings > Organization and enable the Topaz option. Refer to the Topaz Systems SigWeb Installation Guide to walk you through the installation. Go to https://safewiki.trackerproducts.com/SiteSettings/Wiki/Index/12?title=Topaz-Signature-Pad for instructions on installing the signature pad.
If your Topaz device is hooked up and driver installed, you will be able to enter a signature on any of the transaction screens.
If a mouse will be used, click the Edit box in the Signature Device section. Next, select Touch Screen and click the slider next to its name to turn it on. To set the mouse as the default option, click the radial default button (next to Touch Screen) and finally click the None slider from On to Off to deactivate/turn off that choice and click Save.
4. To control the formatting of a case # upon case entry, if you are an Org Admin, go to Settings \ Organizations. On the Org Settings tab (the default tab), go to the Case Number Formatting section.
If you want to require a case # format, you need to turn On the Require Formatting Option. In the box titled Formatting Pattern, enter a valid pattern (see pattern options below).
In the Test Formatting Pattern here box, test the format you applied in Formatting Pattern. A valid pattern will leave the box glowing blue and an invalid pattern will leave the box glow red.
You can also enable preset (by the administrator) default values for the Case # field by turning on the Default value on/off option.
NOTE: This formatting option is only applied to the new Case entry page. We did not apply this formatting to the Case update page so that you could add old cases or cases that do not apply to this format. So if you need to enter a case without these parameters, you must enter as a valid format and then update it to be anything you want.
Pattern Options: \d = A number value \w = A letter value
For example, \d\d-\d\d will require that the case number be something like 12-34. Anything other than two numbers, a hyphen, and then two more numbers will be invalid.
\w\d-\w\d will require a value like A1-B2
You can string numbers and characters in any format you like. For example, perhaps you would like your Case Numbers to always have “17ES-” followed by 4 numbers. That would look like: Formatting Pattern: 17ES-\d\d\d\d with a Default Value of “17ES-“
You may also Auto Assign Case/Matter Numbers. To do so, turn On the Auto Assign Case Number and add a Next number. That Next number will be the starting number assigned to the next Case/Matter which is entered.
5. In Person Formatting, you can change the way a Person is displayed on the Case View screen as well as in Reports such as the Chain of Custody Report. For example, if you click the Edit box, then choose Last Name, First Name, then this is how a Person (see Case Officer) will appear.
After Formatting, See Case Officer
6. In Tasks Settings, click the Edit box and move the slider from Off to On to enable More Details about Tasks to be relayed via email. By default, very little information about the Task is passed along in the email. If you choose, you can go to Settings > Organization, and enable the option for the email to include more details. Once enabled, the user will not only get a Task ID and what was updated, but they will get the actual log of the transaction.
7. In Scan By Location Barcode, you may click the Edit box and change the Scan By Location Barcode to On. This will allow you to scan a Storage Location barcode and populate the list in the Scan area of SAFE with all items in that Storage Location.
8. In Item Belongs To Shows All People, you may click the Edit box and change the Suggest All People for Item Belongs To field to On. This will allow you to select any Person in the system v/s just a Person in that Case.
9. In Next Org Item Id, you may click the Edit box and change the Next Org Item Id of Items entered into your Organization. If you're using the Next Org Item Id as a running total of all of your Items (Total Item Count), then do not change/edit this number.
10. In Use Containers, you may click the Edit box and change the Use Containers field to On. This will then allow you to Use Containers from the Actions Box (Menu).
From within a Case, select Items you would like to physically place in a box (for example) for Long Term Storage. Then click the Actions box and finally click Add To Container.
We suggesting calling the Container the same name as the Case/Matter Name to avoid confusion. You may also wish to add a Note at this time.
After clicking Ok, you will then be taken back to your Case/Matter and see the Items you selected are now in a Container with a Printer Icon next to them.
If you click the Printer Icon, that will bring up a Storage Location/Container Label which you may now physically place on the box of your Items you'll be placing into Long Term Storage.
At any time now, you may go to Scan in the Nav Menu and select Location Barcode to Scan a Container Label.
Once Scanned, the contents of your Container will appear.
11. In the Case Level Permissions section, you may click the Edit box and change the Case Level Permissions slider from Off to On to enable it.
12. In the Google Authenticator section, you may click the Edit box and change the Google Authenticator slider from Off to On to enable it.
Once enabled, all Users upon their initial login to SAFE will need to install and Setup Google Authenticator for MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication).
13. In SAML Settings, you may click the Edit box and change the SAML Settings if you have SAML enabled.
For detailed instructions, click here Overview