Frequently Asked Questions
Not receiving SAFE emailsQ. I'm not receiving SAFE emails. What do I do?
- A: One of the most common problems we deal with are Users not receiving emails from the automated email system. The SAFE system will often send emails to Users for:
- Initial account creation & verification
- Email reset
- Password reset
- Other various functions So what do you do if you are not getting these emails?
Check your Spam filter to see if the emails are in there. If yes, generally you can right click on the email and set to 'Not Spam'.
All emails come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you create a contact in your email system to approve this email address.
You might need to talk with your IT Department and ask them to whitelist emails from email@example.com or even allow emails from our Amazon host with the domain amazonses.com.
If all of these steps are followed you should be able to receive emails from our system.
Logout and ReloadQ: After logging in I see a banner stating changes have been made to SAFE and I should Logout & Reload. However, after clicking the button I continue to see the message. What should I do?
- A: If you continue to see this logout and reload banner, then you are running a cached version of the software which is not current. Follow the steps Here to manually do a cache clear and hard reload.
Auto DispositionQ: If an active case comes up for review but that User (Case Officer) is no longer with us and his profile has been disabled, where will SAFE send his case review notification?
- A: Even if the user is inactive it will still send a notice to that user. You need to change the Case Officer to another user. You can do a search for all cases belonging to this user and Mass Update them to another user.
Edit UserQ: What happens to someone's Cases when they get married and their last name changes?
- A: Simply go into Settings > User Admin > click the Edit box for the User you're interested in > change their name and click Ok. All their Cases will then show their current name.
Item EntryQ: Can the Item ID be displayed on the Item Entry Page?
- A: Unfortunately, no. The Item ID cannot be displayed on the Item Entry Page. The Item ID is assigned to an Item after the Item is created. When you save an Item, the software finds the next available Item ID for that Case and generates the Item ID at that time.
Mass UpdateQ: How do I change all Cases belonging to a specific user?
- A: The easiest way is to do a search (Case > Search) where Case Officer equals the specific user you are looking for. Select the cases (checkbox on the left) for all cases you want to update and then go to Actions > Mass Update. Select the case officer field and change to the Case Officer you want to replace with.
SearchingQ: How do I do a search for all cases belonging to a specific user?
- A: Go to Search > Cases. Enter the name of the user in one of the search fields, typically Case Officer, and then click search. This will bring up a list of all cases where this user is the case officer
TranslationQ: How do I change the text in an email that is generated from Auto Dispo?
- A: Go to Settings > Organization > Translation and search for 'Auto Dispo'. As with every other area of the system, almost all text can be translated. Be careful to only translate the second set of quotes as changing info in the first set of quotes will break the text.
Direct Thermal vs. Thermal Transfer LabelsQ: What is the difference between direct thermal and thermal transfer labels? And which should I choose?
- A: There are two thermal printing methods: direct thermal and thermal transfer. Each method uses a thermal printhead that applies heat to the surface being marked. Thermal transfer printing uses a heated ribbon to produce durable, long-lasting images on a wide variety of materials. No ribbon is used in direct thermal printing, which creates the image directly on the printed material. Direct thermal media is more sensitive to light, heat and abrasion, which reduces the life of the printed material. We recommend thermal transfer for these reasons.