Settings \ Organization \ Item Transactions \ Checkout Reasons, Custody Reasons, Disposal Methods, Verification Settings, and Expected Return Date Notifications
Checkout Reasons, Custody Reasons, Disposal Methods, Verification Settings, and Expected Return Date Notifications are set across the system.
Common fields such as those are necessary.
If your agency/company has a field that you would like added to the system, please let us know.
We have a group of advisors who help determine if a request is similar in nature to others, or if it warrants being added to the system.
We have to keep the number of options in check otherwise the list of choices becomes unmanageable and people are less likely to take the time to scroll to the best option available.
1. Select the Check-Out Reason Tab to view and/or add items to the list of available Check-Out Reasons a user may select from when the Check-Out Reasons field is displayed.
2. Select the Custody Reasons Tab to view and/or add items to the list of available Custody Reasons a user may select from when the Custody Reason field is displayed.
3. Select the Disposal Methods Tab to view and/or add items to the list of available Disposal Methods a user may select from when the Disposal Method field is displayed.
4. You may select the Verification Settings Tab to select Verification Fields.
Once selected by clicking the checkbox, upon completion of those types of Transactions, Users entered in those fields will receive an email asking them to Verify it was them taking part in that Transaction.
This is a sample of the email a User will receive after a Transaction takes place. They can then Confirm or Deny the validity of the request.
5. After selecting the Expected Return Date Notifications Tab, you may click Edit and enter a number of Days Expired.
Once entered, when an Item is Checked Out, and the Checked Out 'Return Date' comes up (the day after) the Custodian of the Item will get a Task stating that the Item is Past Due.
1. Is an Expected Return Date required upon Item Checkout? As in, must it be filled in? No, that is optional.
2. How do you handle Legacy Items?
Some Agencies will have thousands of really past due 'check outs'. Do we just start sending notices for today going forward?
When an Org enables this feature, you can set the "Days Expired" value. It determines how far in the past (in days) it will search for expired days. This will take care of the really old past due 'check outs'.