Merge two Persons
The scenario is pretty simple, you have two Persons or more (up to 100) in the system that are actually the same Person.
You want to Merge the contacts so that only one Person remains.
In this scenario, I have completed a Search > Persons and found two people with the name John Doe. Since these are actually just one Person, I want to Merge them.
Note: You can merge up to 100 people at a time.
To complete a Merge, you will select the Person(s) that is the Person that is being merged into another Person and then go to Actions > Merge Into.
From here you will type in the Last Name of the Person that you are merging in to. Select the Person and then click Merge. This will merge the initially selected Person into this Person.
After confirming you are Merging the people, you will then be taken to the People Merge Jobs page where your People Merge will be queued up and ready to run.
After running, the Persons will be Merged.
The following will take place to all Source Person data after the Merge.
- Source person basic info is not applied to destination person
- Source person addresses are applied to destination person
- User accounts cannot be merged
- Cases associated with a source person are merged to destination person
- A destination person who is already in a case will not be duplicated and the case person type will not change
- Items associated with source person will be merged to destination person
- Item Belongs To, Custodian, and Recovered By properties are merged
- Source person who is a Linked Object is merged into destination person
- Source person medium merged into destination person
- Source person notes are merged into destination person
- Source person that is "Transfer To" for an item is merged into destination person
- All saved searches referencing source person are merged into destination person
- Custodian (item search)
- Recovered BY (item search)
- Taken By (check out search)
- Returned By (check-in search)
- Transfer to (transfer search)
- Source person custom form data is merged into destination person