Settings \ User Admin
Nav Menu » Settings \ User Admin
1. From the Nav Menu on the left-hand side of the screen, select the Settings icon (it looks like 3 gears), then from the menu select User Admin. You are now on the User Admin screen. From here, you can Add and Edit Users.
2. To Add a User, click the Add box. The Add User screen will then appear. Fill in the Required fields which are First Name, Last Name, Email address and Office. Add as much additional information as you can and a Photo if you wish.
Next, assign the newly created User to a Permission Group. If you have just created a New User you will be taken directly to the Permissions Matrix, or If you are Editing a User, click the checkbox to the left of Edit next to the User you're interested in. You may then click the Actions box and click Set Permissions. For example, if you want the user to have Read Only access, choose Read Only from the menu for the Offices you’d like. After you are finished, click Save.
3. To Edit a User, simply click the Edit button next to the User’s Name.
4. From the Edit User screen, you may change a user’s information. When you are satisfied with the changes, click Ok. You may also click the More Settings box to view and change the User Address and also add Notes and Media.
5. In the Settings screen, you can change a user’s status to Deceased or choose if they’re a Juvenile. You may also Edit the User by clicking the Edit box. You can also Disable the User by clicking on the Actions box and clicking Disable. If you have an address for this individual, click the Add Address box and fill in as much information as you can. Similarly, if you have Notes or Media to attach to this individual, click those Tabs and add that information.
6. From the Actions Box, you can Send Verification Emails, Set Permissions for a User, Add to Group any Users you choose, Add External Users to your Org (or Remove) by entering their external email addresses, Unlock Users who has entered an incorrect Password one too many times, and Deactivate / Activate Users en masse.
By clicking the Actions box and selecting Send Verification Email, that will send any User a Verification Email (which will force them to change their password) The User must respond to that request, and verify their email address before they can access the system again.
As shown below, the user must now click the “Confirm your email address” link which will confirm their email address before they can proceed to the software login screen.
Once SAFE has confirmed your email address, it requires each user to have a unique username and password that must be entered each time a user logs on. Password strength parameters are enforced by the application and include: Password lengths of 10-128 characters, passwords cannot contain 2 identical characters in a row, must contain at least 3 character types out of 4 (upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters), and passwords cannot be “reused” for one year. In addition, accounts are locked after 5 failed login attempts for a duration of 10 minutes or until they’re unlocked by an administrator.
Failed Login example:
Upon successful new email verification and password entry, you will be taken to a screen that says "Your Password has been set", and you will then be able to log into the software by clicking the Login button and proceeding from there.
7. To Add External Users in Settings \ User Admin, click the Actions box and choose Add External Users. Next, enter their email address and click Add External.
8. Click the Export box if you would like to export Selected Users list to a comma separated value (.csv) file.
9. As a safeguard to prevent password hacking and brute force attacks, the software requires each User to have a unique username and password that must be entered each time a user logs on. Password strength parameters are enforced by the application and include: Password lengths of 10-128 characters, passwords cannot contain 2 identical characters in a row, must contain at least 3 character types out of 4 (upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters), and passwords cannot be “reused” for one year. In addition, accounts are locked after 5 failed login attempts for a duration of 10 minutes or until unlocked by an Administrator.
If you go into Setting \ User Admin, the User who has been locked out will have a lock icon in the Active Column, otherwise, they are no longer locked out. Only an Org Admin can select the User and click the Actions box drop-down menu to Unlock the User.
10. A User Lockout is different from a Disabled User Account, which can only be re-activated individually by an Organization's Administrator.
Once a User Account has been re-activated, another Verification Email will have to be sent.
This is different from an Org Account being Disabled.
Once re-activated, Organization Administrators (Org Admins) will be sent a Verification Email by Tracker Products Support which they will have to respond to.
After the Org Admins (who were sent Verification emails) verify themselves to the system, they will be allowed to proceed with the login process.