Tools \ Custom Data (Forms)
Nav Menu » Settings \ Custom Data (Forms)
1. From the Nav Menu on the left-hand side of the screen, select the Tools icon (it looks like a wrench), then from the menu select Custom Data (Forms). You are now on the Custom Data (Forms) screen. From here you can Add and Edit selected Forms, as well as Export them.
Forms are simply documents an Administrator can attach to a Case, Item, Person, or Task that a User fills out. The attached Forms provide extra information regarding that Case, Item, Person or Task. For example, an Administrator may choose to attach a Phone Form to the Electronics Category. So in addition to the Basic Info Add Item fields, if the Electronics Category is selected, a Phone Form will appear and can then be filled out to provide more information.
If Cases, Items, or People are created and then a Form is created AFTER that, you can still attach that Form to those Cases, Items, or People. All you need to do is select View, then Edit, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Add Form. You may now retroactively go in and Add Forms to those Cases, Items, or People.
The software has some widely used Forms for your use. If the provided Forms aren’t exactly what you need, you can create a Custom Form.
2. To create a Custom Form, click Add. The Add Form screen will then appear. Enter the name of the Form you would like to create.
In the Type field, assign it to either Cases, Items, Persons, or Tasks.
Next, you can select and add Fields to the Canvas from the Palette by clicking the blue square with the white plus sign in it.
There are many fields you can choose from, such as Textbox, Email, Number, Text area, Checkbox Lists, Selectable Lists (dropdown list),
Dropdown Typeahead, User, Person, and Date fields.
From the Canvas, click the blue square with the white wrench in it to configure your fields.
Shown below is the Options Tab, where you can input different Options to choose from, or you can click the Mass Import List field and input more than one Option at a time.
After clicking the Mass Import List field, and removing Option 1, Option 2, and Option 3 by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one, you may enter your new Options.
When completed, click the Add field.
The Options you specified will then be shown.
Once you are satisfied with your configured choices, click Ok at the bottom of the screen.
If creating a Custom Form is out of your ‘comfort zone’, let our Support Staff know.
Depending on the time required to complete, and the complexity of your request, we will provide you with a quote to do the job for you.
3. To Edit a non-Sys Template Form, go to the Forms, Custom Data screen and highlight the Name of the Form you would like to Edit. Click the Actions box, then click Edit.
4. A warning box may appear letting you know that attempting to modify the form can change the historical use of that form.
5. The Edit Form screen will then appear. You may now Edit the Form. When you are satisfied with your changes, click Ok.
Within Custom Data (Forms), you may wish to add Conditional Fields.
Conditional Fields will only appear when an initial field has been chosen.
In the example below, we ask the question is a hard drive larger than 1 TB.
If the question is answered with a yes, the additional Conditional Field of "How large is the Drive?" appears.
After creating the Custom Data (Forms), we add it to specific Items in Settings \ Organization \ Required Item Forms.
You may then proceed to enter that type of Item.
Upon initial Item entry, the question is posed and then answered with a 'Yes', triggering the Conditional Field.
The User may then choose an option.