Creating a Currency Total Widget over a Date Range
Nav Menu » Dashboard
To create a Currency Total Widget lets begin by doing a Search on Items.
- Choose a date range. For a 2020 Total, we've chosen Created Date between Jan 1, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020.
- Choose Category equals Currency. Since this is what we're interested in searching on.
- Next, choose Search in Custom Data, and change the Custom Data (Form) field to display the Currency Form (Sys Template).
- Then click the checkbox Anything in form.
- Now click the Save box and give your Saved Search a name. In this case, we've chosen Currency Total from 2020.
- From your Nav Menu, click Dashboard. Then click the Add Widget box.
- Then scroll down the list and click Statistics.
- The Widget 1 box will then appear. Rename the Widget 1 box by clicking the icon that looks like a star, then give it a name of your choosing.
We've chosen 2020 Currency Stats. Then click Ok.
- Next, in the Widget box, click the blue circle with the plus symbol in it, and the Add Statistic page will appear.
- Click the Saved Search field and choose from one of your saved searches, in this case, Currency Total from 2020.
- Give your Statistic Widget a Title.
- Then select a Field. We have chosen Currency Total from the Currency Form (Sys Template).
- Click the Function field and choose SUM.
- Click Format and choose $ - US Dollar or a currency of your choice.
- Your Widget should now contain a Currency Total from Jan 1, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020.