Tools \ Tags
Nav Menu » Tags Icon
1. From the Nav Menu on the left-hand side of the screen, click the Tags Icon. You are now on the Tags screen. From here, you can add Tags to your system.
Tags are labels you can attach to Case(s) or Item(s) for the purpose of identification.
For example, you may wish to create a Tag called “Releasable” that will designate releasable Items as such.
This will aid the evidence custodian by eliminating any ‘gray area’ as to what may be released to an owner, for example.
If and when a suspect/person attempts to claim property improperly or erroneously, the evidence custodian will immediately see if an item can/should be released.
2. Click the Add box and the Add Tag screen will appear.
You must specify who this Tag will be Used By, and give the Tag a Required Name.
You may also choose a different default color for the Tag if you'd like.
After clicking the Tag Used By field, you may choose who in your Organization will be using the Tag you're creating.
If you choose Organization or User you may then proceed with changing the color of the Tag.
If Organization is chosen, everyone in your Organization will be able to use that Tag with proper Permissions.
If you choose User, then only the logged in User will be able to use that Tag.
If Group is chosen, you may pick from an Existing group, or create a New one.
When creating a New group, name it, and then assign Users to the group as shown below.
Click the Change Color box to change the color of the Tag. When you're done, click Ok.
3. To Edit a Tag, simply click the Tag name, such as Litigation Hold (shown above).
You can now edit the name of the Tag, change its color and/or Deactivate it if it's no longer being used.
4. Once you're on the Edit Tag screen, to Deactivate a Tag, at the Active slider, click On and that will change to Off and Deactivate the Tag.
The Tag will then be moved to the Inactive section of Tags which you can see by clicking the Inactive button.
When viewing Inactive Tags, their power icons will be displayed as red, indicating that Tag has now been Deactivated.
5. Clicking the Menu Customization box, will allow you to view more than 25 Tags at a time by changing the Page Size and/or you can hide Columns by unchecking them.
6. Clicking All and Show all Tags will allow you to see all Tags throughout your organization.
You'll be able to see Active and Inactive Tags as well as who those Tags are Used By.
7. Clicking the Tags Groups field at the top of the screen will show you any Tag Groups which have been created.
8. If you would like to Add additional Tag Groups, click the Add box.
You may now give the Tag Group a name, and specify Users.
The Tags in the Tag Group will be assigned to them, and will only be available for their use.