Tools \ Tags
Nav Menu » Tags Icon
1. From the Nav Menu on the left-hand side of the screen, click the Tags Icon. You are now on the Tags screen. From here, you can add Tags to your system.
Tags are labels you can attach to Case(s) or Item(s) for the purpose of identification.
For example, you may wish to create a Tag called “Releasable” that will designate releasable Items as such.
This will aid the evidence custodian by eliminating any ‘gray area’ as to what may be released to an owner, for example.
If and when a suspect/person attempts to claim property improperly or erroneously, the evidence custodian will immediately see if an item can/should be released.
2. Click the Add box and the Add Tag screen will appear.
the Tag a Required Name
and click Ok to add your Tag to the list of available Tags .
You may also click
the Change Color box to change the color of the Tag. When you're done, click Ok.
3. To Edit a Tag, simply click the Tag name, such as Litigation Hold (shown above).
You can now edit the name of the Tag, change its color and/or Deactivate it if it's no longer being used.
4. Once you're on the Edit Tag screen, to Deactivate a Tag, at the Active slider, click On and that will change to Off and Deactivate the Tag.
The Tag will then be moved to the Inactive section of Tags which you can see by clicking the Inactive button.
When viewing Inactive Tags, their power icons will be displayed as red, indicating that Tag has now been Deactivated.
5. Finally, if you click the Menu Customization box, you can view more than 25 Tags at a time by changing the Page Size and/or you can hide Columns by unchecking them.